Turning Point Academy is a day treatment program for severely emotionally impaired students in grades K-12 in the Wayne County eastern region area. The program focuses on shaping student behaviors to facilitate their return to neighborhood schools.
Turning Point Academy services students who:
- Have been recently discharged from inpatient psychiatric hospital settings, who have been identified as Emotionally Impaired by their school.
- Have been receiving services in a self-contained setting in their local school and have been unsuccessful. These students require a setting that emphasizes coping skills and behavior intervention strategies in order to benefit from their learning environment.
TPA is designed to foster growth and change in social and emotional behaviors to enhance each student’s ability to function at both school and community.
- Technological Lab
- Community Based Instruction
- Individualized Education Programs (IEP)
- Positive Behavior Support
- Music Therapy
- Restorative Practices