Osborn infuses academic rigor with a focus on the environment and artistic excellence. Through an interdisciplinary approach, students experience learning theory and practice with real world opportunities for application.
- Osborn Academies- Did You Know?
- School Brochure
- Read Osborn Evergreen’s School of the Week Feature: Nov. 4-Nov. 8, 2013
- DPS Safe Routes to School Program
Institute for Student Achievement School (ISA), College Promise Scholarship School, National Honor Society, State-of-the-Art Technology, Young Men/Ladies Mentorships, Academic Teams, Student Government, Partnerships with United Way, The Skillman Foundation, Black Family Development, Neighborhood Service Organization, Office Depot, Detroit Parent Network, City Year, Children’s Aid Society, Art, ESL Courses, Honors Courses, Tutoring/Extended Day Program, Accelerated Reading/Math, Chess, DAPCEP, Honor Society, Media Clubs, Book Club, Recycling Program, Urban Farming, Environmental Club, Student mentoring programs and internships, College-wrap-around support services and partnerships, A blend of excellence in a college prep curriculum with career preparation, Career and technical training programs, Technology courses designed to support skills, Over 200 summer jobs for student-extended learning programs/community service, Basketball, Football, Softball, Baseball, Volleyball, Track and Field
We at Osborn Evergreen Academy believe that our students must reach their highest potential as a group and as individuals through leadership skills, collaborative efforts and a charge to help the community.
Osborn Evergreen will empower students to become open-minded, analytical thinkers who address real work issues in a collaborative learning environment.
- Small and safe learning communities
- Small classes allow students and teachers to build meaningful relationships
- High academic goals for students
- Highly Qualified Staff
- Two teachers in every core classes
- Inclusion by certified staff for students with special education needs
- Multiple opportunities for family or parental involvement
- Well-maintained athletic facilities
- Curricular and co-curricular opportunities for enrichment
- Community Service Opportunities