Ludington Magnet Honors School Now Enrolling
Ludington offers a rigorous Honors School from grade 5th-8th. The program allows gifted and talented students to be engaged in project based learning and curriculum that will prepare them for advanced placement, college, and their future careers. All student selected in the honors program are chosen through a interview based on grades, assessment scores, and student’s display of grit.
- DPS Common Application for Application Schools
- School Brochure
- Read Ludington’s School of the Week Feature: Jan. 13-Jan.17, 2014
- DPS Safe Routes to School Program
Ludington Magnet Middle School
Think, Dream, Believe, and Achieve
As a Ludington student you should always be: Ready, Respectful, Responsible and Safe.
This is the Ludington way!
To elevate student achievement to recognized national levels, instilling a passion for life-long learning in all students
To create an educational environment that engages young people and their families in a learning experience that is exciting, life lasting, and promotes a positive impact on the neighborhood, city, country, and the world.
- We will ensure that our students are responsible citizens ready to meet the needs of the next customer through customer-driven, data driven learning environments that are clean, safe and healthy.
- All students will learn to their fullest potential, blending content knowledge with real world applications.
Ludington Magnet Middle School is committed to elevating student achievement to recognized national levels, through home, school and community collaboration in a clean, safe, and healthy learning environment. The goal of the school is to provide high-quality teaching and learning to ensure that every student is on or above target levels in core academic areas, and are committed to excellence in every endeavor. We see our students as life-long learners, actively preparing for participation in a global society that focuses on: technology, entrepreneurship, and good citizenship.
Ludington Magnet Middle School where students ” THINK, DREAM, BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE.”
Ludington’s longstanding tradition of academic achievement and excellence began with its creation by a Federal Court in 1970. Ludington became a citywide magnet middle school of choice that continues to attract students from inside and outside the greater Detroit Metropolitan Area. Students are provided a rigorous and challenging curriculum to assist them in reaching their full potential.
- Robotics/Science Clubs
- Glee Club
- Honor Society
- Broadcast Club
- Academic Games
- Recycling Program
- Student Government
- Track and Field
- Business partnerships
- Nationally-recognized as one of the “Schools to Watch” by the National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform
- “High Performing School” as distinguished by Skillman Foundation’s Good Schools Initiative
- New Gardening Program (sponsored by DPS food Nutrition depart, MSU, and 4-H Foundation)
- Making Men Leading
- Ludington Leading Ladies
- Safety Patrol
- After school 4-H Community Center
- After school Cooking Class