A.L. Holmes Elementary-Middle School is a K-8 school at the forefront of integrating technology into the curriculum to aid in improving academic success. Our school has implemented a hybrid model of education where the teachers collaborate and develop virtual online instruction to initiate strategies and differentiate instruction.
Students are engaged and motivated to learn as online lessons are designed to reteach, reinforce, and repeat skills & concepts to meet the highest performance standards. Parents can access and monitor student progress from anywhere at any time, to aid in their child’s success.
- Holmes Flyer
- School Brochure
- A.L. Holmes’ School of the Week Feature: Apr. 8-12, 2013
- DPS Safe Routes to School Program
- Hybrid Learning Model with Online Curriculum (Grades 3 – 8)
- 21st Century After School Program
- Science Club
- School Garden
- Student Government
- Volunteer Reading Corps
- Business/Community Partnerships
- Georgia Street Community Collective
- Family Resource Center
- Online Parent Access
- Girls/Boys Scouts
- Gleaners Food Bank
- Middle School Girls/Boys Basketball
- 3rd-5th Grade Co-Ed Basketball
- Special Olympics–Project Unify
- Project Unify for Tolerance and Anti-Bullying
- New Computer Lab
- SMARTBoard Technology
- Career Day
- Seasonal Student Performances
- Science Fair
- National Junior Honor Society
High Quality Pre-Kindergarten
About the Principal
Tammy Mitchell is a leader that believes all students can achieve through the implementation of differentiated instruction, integration of technology, and strong & effective teaching strategies. Mrs. Mitchell invites, encourages, and motivates parents to become vocal and active participants within the school’s learning community. She has also selected teachers and other staff members who are dedicated and effective in providing academic growth in all contents.
The mission of A. L. Holmes is to create an academically challenging learning environment that uses student-centered instruction with engaging activities and technology integration to support learning, the use of data to drive instruction, and is propelled by high expectations for student success.
Accept challenges. Exceed expectations. Achieve excellence.
Light or navy blue collared shirts. Navy, black or khaki skirts or slacks.