Detroit School of Arts offers a strong college preparatory curriculum with pre-professional study in Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Dance, Theater, Speech, Radio/Television Production and Visual Arts. Serving grades 9-12, DSA was founded in 1992 to provide the city of Detroit with a cultural mecca that honors the talents of Detroit’s youth and provides an extraordinary program where all students can experience the arts. Detroit School of Arts offers and educational curriculum that maximizes student learning, motivation and achievement by integrating the arts throughout all academic and artistic curricula. DSA has been honored with awards including Newsweek Magazine’s Top Schools in America Bronze Medal Award; the Kennedy Center Alliance for Arts Education Creative Ticket National School of Distinction Award; Skillman Good Schools Award and the Grammy Signature Award.
- TV/Radio, Media Courses
- Dance (Modern, Jazz, Ballet, Tap, African)
- Theater, Drama, Poetry, Visual Arts, Sculpture, Stage Craft
- Robotics Team
- Jazz Ensemble, Vocal Jazz, Orchestra
- Vision Male Vocal Ensemble, Lady Achievers Female Vocal Ensemble
- NEW! Partnership between the Detroit School of Arts and the Detroit Institute of Music Education in downtown Detroit. Through a two year course of instruction, students can study under music industry professionals to gain skills that will prepare them for careers as musicians and music entrepreneurs.