A neighborhood (non-application) school specializing in offering medical and other health-related courses, Medicine and Community Health (MCH) Academy prepares our graduates for success in college as we motivate them to select healthcare related majors and careers. Our goal is that 100% of our students will receive admission to a college or university. To achieve our goal, every student is guaranteed the chance for hands-on experience in hospitals, clinics, and healthcare organizations.
Community partners play a key role in shaping the school’s culture and connecting students to health and medical careers through paid internships, job-shadowing, tutoring, mentoring and college visits. Community partners include: Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Michigan State University, Wayne State University, DTE Energy, Deloitte, United Way, Ernst & Young, The Skillman Foundation, ConnectEd and Linked Learning, City Year Corps, YMCA, Don Bosco Hall, Howard University, Detroit Fire Department, HealthCare Solutions Inc. and many more.
Program offerings include Health Career Explorations, Principles of Biomedicine, Human Body Systems, Science of Wellness, Forensic Science, Firefighter 1&2 certification, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification, Certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA) training, Dentistry training, and the Jobs for America’s Graduate’s (JAG) program. Other highlights include E2020 Online Learning, Medical Career Pathways, Career Cruising personal job skills training for students, OsteoCHAMPS summer camp at MSU School of Osteopathic Medicine, Pre-Med Club, Future Docs Program, all core curriculum courses and a full offering of Cody Campus sports.
Visit our school and you will find small class sizes, nurturing teachers, free breakfast and lunch, specialized tutoring, extended day classes, summer enrichment and team sports.
- School Brochure
- Read Cody MCH’s School of the Week Feature: Mar. 11-15, 2013
- DPS Safe Routes to School Program
Check out MCH Academy’s HAPPY Video!
Sneak peak to Cody High: A Life Remodeled Project, framed By Grace Films
MCH Student Accomplishments
- $1 million + in scholarships awarded
- 100% of seniors accepted into a post-secondary
- 100% of seniors received two-year scholarships
- 100% of freshmen registered for Detroit College Promise Scholarship
- Annual White Coat Ceremony
- 10+ College Visits/Tours per year
- 10% of seniors have earned college credits through dual enrollment
The following organizations work with MCH students
- The Black Caucus: Empowering youth through mentorship and educational opportunities
- ACES: Preparing students for ACT/Michigan Merit Exam
- Wayne County Community College: Students receive credit for participating in college preparatory classes
- Women of Tomorrow: Mentors young women, offers scholarship and job shadowing opportunities
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan: Support with job shadowing and internship opportunities
- City Year: Tutor and mentor students in core academic classes
Our goal is to obtain partners who will help Medicine and Community Health at Cody (MCH) achieve its vision and mission by assisting in identifying paid internships, job shadowing experiences, focus field trips, as well as prepare our students for careers in health professions and to live healthier lives.
Burgundy polo tops, Khaki skirts/pants. Scrubs (top and bottom) for 11th graders only.