Right to Know About Teacher Qualifications
No Child Left Behind, Section 1111(h)(6)(A)
(A) QUALIFICATIONS- At the beginning of each school year, a local educational agency that receives funds under this part shall notify the parents of each student attending any school receiving funds under this part that the parents may request, and the agency will provide the parents on request (and in a timely manner), information regarding the professional qualifications of the student's classroom teachers…
- Request the professional qualifications of the classroom teacher's who instruct your child
- Receive information regarding the following:
- Whether the teacher meets the state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status because of special circumstances.
- The teacher's college major, whether the teacher has any advanced degrees, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether paraprofessionals will provide services to your child and, if so, their qualifications.
- Provide information to schools regarding the professional qualifications of teachers to schools.
- Provide the requested information to parents in a timely manner via the school principal.