Job Title: Director of Cash Management (12 Months)
Posting Date: January 31, 2012
Closing Date: March 14, 2012
Salary Range: $83,154.00 - $100,444.00 (annually)
Salary noted is Pre-Concession
Job Type: Administrative
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, as well as illness and vacation days.
Reports to: Deputy Chief Financial Officer/Chief Accounting Officer
Location: Finance Department
Applicants must have a Master's Degree in Accounting or related areas of study from an accredited college or university. A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years directly relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the Master's Degree..
Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of cash management or related treasury management experience of which three (3) years must be a minimum of supervisory experience in accounting for cash and investments. The applicant must also have extensive computer experience with Microsoft Office.
Regular Attendance is critical; must have an exemplary attendance record.
Must be able to verify whether U.S. citizen, resident alien, or otherwise authorized to accept employment in the U.S.
Must be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined with or without accommodations.
Under the direction of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer / Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of Cash Management will:
1. Maintain workflow by planning, assigning and monitoring professional and support staff work;
guiding them to meet deadlines.
2. Meet the District's reporting requirements (including the annual audit) by preparing and completing reports and/or schedules.
3. Forecast cash position and cash requirements by analyzing financial records and budget requirements. Maintain a working relationship with financial institutions and other district departments to resolve banking and/or financial issues.
4. Develop investment and loan strategies by evaluating need for procurement of funds and investment of surplus.
5. Maintain filing system by compiling daily activity reports, bank reports, wire transfer payments, electronic payments and tax payments.
6. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the art practices, participating in professional societies.
7. Accelerates inflow of cash from operation by defining new systems and procedures.
8. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
9. Supervise staff, as appropriate.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Deputy Chief Financial Officer/Chief Accounting Officer.
If you are hired to fill a vacant position, you will be required to submit a Detroit Public Schools security clearance.
At point of offer to hire, please be advised that you will be responsible for a non-refundable payment of $65.25 by cashier's check, certified check or money order, payable to the I.I.S. (Identix Identification Services). DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT WITH APPLICATION.
There is an option to pay by MasterCard or Visa.
All fingerprinting appointments will be scheduled by Detroit Public Schools, Human Resources Department.
If you are a current Detroit Public Schools employee, presently employed with the district, you do not have to submit a fee related to obtaining the Detroit Public Schools security clearance.
Applicants MUST apply through the online application system. ONLY applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position. All applicants are to attach a copy of their transcripts, most recent resume and cover letter. A copy of your valid teacher certification should also be attached if certification is required for the position you are applying for.
Applicants will receive an automated confirmation once they have successfully applied for a position.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Service outside of the Detroit Public Schools must be verified by the applicant's employer(s) prior to hire.
It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested. All documentation must be submitted along with the letter of interest. Due to the high volume of candidates applying for positions, we regret that we are unable to pull individual personnel files to retrieve/copy documents. Therefore, to assure the application process is not delayed, if you are applying for multiple positions with the district, we strongly encourage you to have available several photocopies of your credentials to be submitted for each position for which you apply. Documentation will not be accepted subsequent to the closing date of the announcement. Incomplete information will not be considered. Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Recruitment and Employment Services at email@example.com.
The Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit does not discriminate against, deny benefits to or exclude participation by any person in its programs, activities or employment on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, creed, religion or handicap.