Fifteen DPSCD schools have been selected as part of the 11th Annual Arise Detroit Neighborhoods Day. On August 5, more than 200 Blue Cross Blue Shield volunteers will spend Neighborhoods Day at DPSCD schools weeding, planting, painting and cleaning the schools and the surrounding areas to spruce up the buildings before the students and teachers return. The 2017 Neighborhoods Day makes history by including more schools than ever, allowing BCBS volunteers to connect, collaborate and inspire students.
The school beautification projects are the cornerstone of more than 200 other community improvement initiatives spreading across the city throughout August.
Participating DPSCD Neighborhoods Day Schools:
- Bethune Elementary-Middle School
- Bow Elementary-Middle School
- Brewer Academy
- Carstens Academy of Aquatic Science
- Carleton Elementary-Middle School
- Coleman A. Young Elementary School
- Edward Duke Ellington Conservatory for Music and Art at Beckham Academy
- Fisher Magnet Lower Academy
- Golightly Education Center
- Greenfield Union Elementary-Middle School
- Hutchinson at How Elementary-Middle School
- Nolan Elementary-Middle School
- Paul Robeson Malcolm X Academy
- Pulaski Elementary-Middle School
- Schulze Academy of Technology and Arts
VOLUNTEER FOR NEIGHBORHOODS DAY: Groups and individuals can volunteer for Neighborhoods Day by going to the website, www.arisedetroit.org, clicking the event list and contacting groups that have listed projects.