The Examination High School Application Process is now OPEN to all 8th grade students interested in attending one of three Detroit Public Schools Community District Examination High Schools as a 9th grade student in Fall 2017.
The three Examination High Schools are:
- Cass Technical High School
- Renaissance High School
- Martin Luther King Jr. Senior, High School: Mathematics, Science and Applied Technology (MSAT) Program and the Center for International Studies and Commerce (CISC) Program
Residency is not a requirement at the time of application.
Applications are available at the following locations:
- DPSCD middle schools. Students can pick up applications from their school counselor;
- DPSCD Parent Resource Center at Detroit Collegiate Prep-Northwestern
- All Detroit Public Library Branches;
- The Detroit Public School Community District’s Office of Research and Assessment, located in the Support Services Complex Building-A at 1425 East Warren Ave.
All completed applications MUST be turned in to the student’s current school by October 31, 2016. The completed application MUST be signed by both the parent and student before it is turned in to the child’s current school. The Principal’s signature is also required.
For questions or concerns, please contact, Detroit Public Schools Community District’s Office of Research and Assessment at 313-576-0050.