Event to showcase student talent integrated among various disciplines including arts, fashion, music, dance, designs, films, photography and more!
The Annual MIDTOWN CAR SHOW™ presented by Detroit School of Arts (DSA) will take place April 29 – 30. The event, which was launched in 2013 and inspired by Visual Arts Teacher John Wood, promotes Detroit’s automotive industry past, present and future, and relevant student educational projects related to the automotive industry.
MIDTOWN CAR SHOW™ uses progressive concepts to showcase student talent with various creative disciplines: art, fashion, music, dance, designs, films, photography, social media, entrepreneurial, etc. to work with professionals in the automotive capitol.
This educational, informative and high-energy event includes both urban and suburban, primary and secondary schools, as well as institutions of as higher education.
Event to include:
Thursday April 28, 2016 (student tours only), 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Grand Opening with welcome from event organizers and major sponsors
- Exhibits Venue Hall
- Artistic Auto Expression Displays
- Display of automobiles
- Student presentations
Friday April 29, 2016 (open to the public all day), 11 a.m. -7:30 p.m.
- Display of automobiles continues
- Students perform spoken word/poetry about Detroit’s auto industry (Sponsored by Inside Out Organization)
- Performances during the day by Detroit School of Arts ensembles and dancers
- Photo-Ops with certain vehicles.
- Student automobile artwork auctioned
Saturday, April 30, 2016, (open to the public), 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Display of automobiles open to the public
- Workshops for teens
- Children’s (under 12) auto art workshop
For more information, please contact Beverly Morrison-Green or Alyssa Richards at 313-494-6314