Relevant to Current Market. One-Stop Shop. Open Access.
Detroit Public Schools is proud to announce the opening of four new 21st Century Workforce Development Centers. The programs offered at each center aim to accelerate the pipeline of trained and certified workers to obtain jobs and increase the employment rate across the region.
Download the 21st Century Workforce Development Brochure
Through a partnership with Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD), the centers will offer dual enrollment programs for high school students to earn college credits, and adult education courses open to all Detroit and Suburban residents and students of all ability levels, including Special Education, Accelerated Track and Dual Track.
OPEN NOW! 21st Century Workforce Development Center Locations
- A. Philip Randolph Campus: Conveniently located at 17101 Hubbell between W. McNichols and W. Outer Drive in Northwest Detroit. (313) 494-7100
- Breithaupt Campus: Conveniently located at 9300 Hubbell at W. Chicago. (313) 866-9550
- Golightly Campus: Serving the east side at 900 Dickerson at Jefferson. (313) 822-8820
- Crockett CTC at Ben Carson Campus: Conveniently located at 571 Mack Ave. in Midtown. (313) 494-1805
For 9th – 12th grade students, full-day and half-day schedules are available to complete all course work in academic core and technical education programs at the same time. Students will complete general education course work at their current high school and workforce development course work at one of the four center locations.
Enrollment is also open for Adult Education and High School GED completion. Adult Education students without a GED will be able to take GED preparation courses. Once they earn their GED, they will be able to take college credit Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses. Adult Education graduates also have the option to take college credit CTE courses. WCCCD staff members are on hand at each site to assist with completing FAFSA application.
21st Century Workforce Development Center Advantages
- Dual enrollment option to earn college credit through Wayne County Community College District
- Supplemental and Wrap-Around Services
- College and Corporate Partners
- College Suites
- Full Service Assessment Center for GED Testing and Career and Technical Education Certifications
- Full Service Counseling and Advising Center
- Learning Centers for Math and Reading
- Early College Programs
- Coming Soon! Satellite College Programs