Detroit Public Schools elementary, middle and high school students from schools across the city will perform onstage for the first-ever two-day Evening of Fine Arts on Thursday, May 15 and Friday, May 16.
Each evening commences with an Art Gallery showcase at 6 p.m. followed by performances beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Detroit School of Arts. Tickets are required for admission. VIP and Mezzanine seating is $12. General Admission is $10.
This spectacular event, which reinforces Detroit Public Schools’ commitment to the arts, features instrumental, vocal, visual and performing arts. As part of the district’s five-year strategic plan, art or music was added to every elementary and middle school this school year. Next year, the district will ensure that art and music are offered at every elementary and middle school.
Individual and group performances include a violin solo, jazz ensembles, men’s glee clubs, a harp and vocal performance, all city orchestra, trumpet solo, concert choirs, dance performances and much more!
Among the program features:
- Exaltation, Renaissance High School Concert Band
- Steal Away, Cass Technical High School Harp and Vocal
- Kyrie Eleison, John R. King Performing Arts Academy Angelic Chorale
- Equinox, Duke Ellington K-8 Jazz Combo
- Carmen Suites #1 & 2 Prelude & Aragonaise, Detroit School of Arts Symphony Orchestra
- Hold On, Detroit School of Arts Achievers Ladies Ensemble
- Andante and Allegro, Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School Trumpet Solo
- Hey, Ba-Ba Re-Bop, Spain Elementary Middle School 5th and 6th Grade Choir
Photography by: Harold Harris