Decision Day 2014, a unique college admissions event created for high school seniors in the city of Detroit, was held at Renaissance High School Saturday, November 9.
The event gave students the opportunity to drop off application material for local universities and receive a decision on their acceptance in a matter of hours. The event featured representatives from nearly 20 universities from across the state to meet with students and their families.
- Bethune-Cookman University
- Bowling Green State University
- Central Michigan University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Davenport University
- Ferris State University
- Grand Valley State University
- Lake Superior State University
- Michigan State University
- Michigan Technological University
- Northern Michigan University
- Oakland University
- Saginaw Valley State University
- University of Detroit Mercy
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- University of Michigan Dearborn
- University of Michigan Flint
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University
Detroit Public Schools’ 2013 graduating class scored more than $146 million in scholarships and grants, up from $106 million for the 2011-12 school year. Dr. Barbara K. Smith, Director of the Office of Guidance & Counseling, said she’s confident this year’s graduating class will top these numbers thanks to the resources DPS has provided to students.