Media Information Director
DPS Office of Athletics
Tickets for the 2013 Detroit Public School League football championship game at 7 p.m. Friday at Ford Field are now on sale at the bookstores of the two competing high schools, Cass Tech and King.
Admission is $10 and children 5 and under are admitted free. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and tickets can be purchased at Ford Field the day of the game at Gate A.
Featuring perhaps the PSL’s most intense rivalry, Friday’s battle of unbeatens matches defending league champion King (5-0 PSL East, 7-0 overall), coached by Dale Harvel, against two-time defending Division 1 state champion Cass Tech (6-0 PSL West, 8-0 overall), coached by Thomas Wilcher. King won last year’s title game against East English Village in a 51-48 thriller.
This is the third year in a row that the PSL is hosting its championship game at the home of the Detroit Lions. And, while fans are encouraged to root for their team and enjoy the festive event, Ford Field officials request that fans strictly adhere to their policy of what is permitted inside the stadium.
Ford Field Items Not Permitted in the Stadium
– Aerosol cans (hair spray, mace, pepper spray, etc.
– Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
– Backpacks, luggage, grocery and paper bags, duffle bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases: 8 1/2” x 14” x 10” is maximum size for entry
– Balloons (air or helium)
– Balls (beach balls, footballs, baseballs, etc.)
– Cameras with lenses longer than five inches long
– Coolers of any kind, including small soft pack coolers
– Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
– Electronic equipment including laptop computers and tripods
– Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles or boxes)
– Illegal substances
– Laser pointers
– Markers (permanent) and/or paint
– Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
– Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, frisbees, etc.)
– Strollers and infant/car seats or carriers
No weapons are allowed in the Stadium. Possession of a firearm or any other weapon is strictly forbidden. Possession of such a weapon will result in immediate confiscation, ejection and possible arrest.
The following items will be permitted after inspection:
– Binoculars and binocular cases
– Cameras and small camera cases (must comply with the camera/lens limits)
– Diaper bags (only if accompanied by a child)
– Small bags, purses and fanny packs (must comply with the bag limits)
– Small radios (must be used with an earpiece)
– Signs and clothing (must comply with standards of taste and decency; no profane or offensive messages. Signs must not block another guest’s view)
– Video cameras and video recorders are allowed