Five hundred fifty-five (555) Detroit Public Schools students from schools across the city had the extraordinary experience to perform onstage at the illustrious Fox Theatre during the 44th Annual Evening of Fine Arts on Thursday, May 16.
The evening commenced with Lobby Performances and an Art Gallery showcase at 6 p.m. followed by performances beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Theatre.
This spectacular event, with the theme “Moving Forward,” featured instrumental, vocal, visual and performing arts.
Individual and group performances included a violin solo, jazz ensembles, mariachi performances, symphonic bands, men’s glee clubs, a wind symphony, a percussion ensemble, a string quintet, concert choirs and much more!
Among the program features:
- The Munger Elementary School Band performed “Star Wars”
- The Spain K-8 Orchestra performed “Fiddles on Fire”
- The Duke Ellington K-8 Jazz Combo performed “Blue Bossa”
- Cass Technical Harp and Vocal performed “Tomorrow Shall be my Dancing Day”
- Detroit School of Arts Wind Symphony performed “Robinson’s Grand Entrée March”
- Renaissance High School Chamber Strings performed themes from Mozart’s Symphony no. 40
- John R. King K-8 Angelic Chorale performed “Take Five”
- A Combined Chorus (Cass Technical High School, Detroit School of Arts and Renaissance High School Chamber Strings, along with the All City Jazz Ensemble Winds) performed “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”
And many more outstanding performances!