New workshops for parents with children ages 0-5 and new Men’s and Dads’ Parent Clubs are on tap for DPS parents through newly expanded parenting programming at the district’s 8 Parent Resource Centers in December!
DPS is supporting parents with children 0-5 years of age through activities that kick off today, Monday, December 3, to help parents discover new ways to nurture, teach and play. The workshops, offered every Monday, include:
- A playgroup for toddlers and babies with music and movement
- Parent Café: Adult group discussions on the importance of the development of your child’s five senses
- Baby & Me Workshop with an End of the Year Celebration and take home a craft
The kickoff: Calling all parents who love jamming with their babies. Join DPS Monday to see how babies and toddlers learn through Music & Play!
- Detroit International Academy Parent Resource Center, 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Ludington Magnet Middle School Parent Resource Center, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Osborn High School Parent Resource Center, 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
- Bennett Elementary Parent Resource Center, 12 p.m.-2p.m.
Men’s and Dads’ Club Workshops/Activities include:
- Family Relationships: Bonding activities for dads and kids – Bond while they learn and keep busy; and Parenting on a Budget: Money does not dictate that you can’t parent.
- Sports and more: Connecting learning and sports – Score! Everybody wins.
- Real Men Live: Managing stress – Women, Money and You; Looking good – Finding a healthy weight and feeling good on the inside; and Healthy living – Guide and tips to healthy living and why.