Detroit Collegiate Prep holds first annual fall Parent Appreciation Night. About 80 guests cheered the student-led presentations and agenda created by DCP students.
Detroit Collegiate Preparatory shaping climate and culture facts:
- Students are greeted as Scholars everyday.
- At the end of each presentation students say, “Scholar Up!”
- Motto: “Where Excellence is an Expectation.”
- Parents group is called: Parent Advisory Committee (monthly meetings)
- Parents are given researched-based information on how to help their child perform better academically
- Homecoming at will be held at Joe Dumars Field House October 14
- Student-led presentation – All students are expected to speak and participate in academic exhibitions
- Parent-led presentations – parents will present to each other on how to effectively rear children in November
- Students practice one core value week – Character, Leadership, Activity, Service and Scholarship
- This week’s core value practice was “service.” Next week’s value is “activity.”