Blueprint 2020: Strategic Plan
The Detroit Public Schools Community District Superintendent Nikolai P. Vitti announced the unveiling of the Board approved new three-year strategic plan at a news conference focused on five priorities: outstanding achievement, transformative culture, whole child commitment, exceptional talent and responsible stewardship. The plan includes the District’s new mission, vision, core values, and priorities.
- Strategic Plan
- Full Press Release: DPSCD Superintendent Nikolai Vitti Unveils New 3 Year Strategic Plan
- Blueprint 2020: Strategic Plan Flyer
Detroit Promise Scholarship
The Detroit Promise provides last-dollar funding for students who live in the city of Detroit and will graduate from any high school located in Detroit in 2018. The Detroit Promise provides Detroit youth a tuition-free path to earn a postsecondary credential at a number of institutions after any Pell and/or TIP funding a student receives has been applied to the tuition and mandatory fees bill.
More information is available at detroitpromise.com.
Examination High Schools
Students interested in applying to a DPSCD Examination High School (Cass Technical High School, Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School, Renaissance High School, or Southeastern High School) for the 2018-2019 school year must submit the following documentation in order to receive a testing date and login for the required placement exam: DPSCD Examination High School Application, transcript or current report card, 1 letter of reference, and student-authored formal letter of student interest.
Current DPSCD students will take the placement exam at their current school. Students not currently enrolled in the district will need to attend a Saturday placement exam session. The DPSCD Examination High School placement exam results will be communicated via email and the DPSCD Parent Portal. Specific directions about the DPSCD Examination High School process are listed below. Should you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact the Office of Assessment and Accountability at (313) 576-0100.
DPSCD Organization Charts
District News & Press Releases
- Got Skills – Teach your passion and find out how at the CTE Hiring Fair!
- DPSCD to host eighth-grade student focused high school expo
- Three DPSCD Schools are closed due to power outages
- DPSCD rolls out the green carpet leading up to 2018 Earth Day Festival
- A List of DPSCD Schools Closed Due to No Power Tuesday, April 17
- Update on School Power Outages
- All A Board Meeting Hosted by Board Member Misha Stallworth on April 17
- Superintendent safety letter to parents
- Letter from Superintendent for February 14 Count Day
- Master Teachers – Call for Applicants
- DPSCD Superintendent Nikolai Vitti Unveils New 3 Year Strategic Plan
- Letter from the Superintendent
- EAA Transition Update
- Financial Overview
- Superintendent’s July 2017 Update
- Press Release: Dr. Nikolai Vitti confirmed as new DPSCD superintendent