Office of Student Transportation
Our mission is to be The Standard of Excellence in the provision of student transportation services. We will accomplish this mission in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner while treating our students as our most important asset.
The Detroit Public Schools’ Office of Student Transportation will provide transportation services under the following guidelines:
- Special education students will receive transportation services required by their Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Career and Technical Center students will receive yellow bus transportation between their high school and respective Career and Technical Center.
- Regular Education students in grades K-8 who reside more than ¾ of a mile from their neighborhood school and attend their neighborhood school will receive yellow bus transportation from a designated corner stop determined by the Office of Student Transportation.
- Regular Education students in grades 9-12 are provided City of Detroit Department of Transportation bus passes, provided that they attend their neighborhood school and live more than 1.5 miles away.
- Students attending Western High School may ride yellow buses at three pickup locations: Mark Twain, and Munger.
- Students attending Clippert may ride yellow buses from three pickup locations: Clemente, Harms and Bennett.
- Students attending Detroit International Academy may ride a yellow bus from the former Cleveland school.
- Students attending Burton International may ride yellow buses at five locations in Hamtramck.
- Students attending Detroit Collegiate Prep may take a shuttle from Priest Elementary-Middle School.
To learn more, please call the DPS Transportation Help Line at (313) 945-8600. Parents of special education students may visit the Frederick Douglass Academy South Wing at 2001 W. Warren Suite 166, Detroit, MI 48208-2216 or call (313) 748-6499.