Social Work with the Hearing Impaired Program
The Office of School Social Work Services provides services to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing student population and their families. All supports provided are by ASL certified School Social Workers. For more information, contact (313) 748–6434 or (313) 748–6435.
- Helping students to improve self-advocacy skills, peer relationships, problem-solving skills, and other social and emotional behavior, as provided for the “Hearing” student population
- Conducting a Parent Support Group for the “Hearing” parents of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, and their families
- Conducting a Sibling Support Group for siblings of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Providing Resource Information of agencies that provide services and programs for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Planning and escorting Deaf and Hard of Hearing High School Students on college tours to Gallaudet University for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Washington D.C., and the National Institute of Technology for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in New York