Office of Health, Physical Education and Safety
The mission of the Office of Health, Physical Education and Safety is to provide a variety of developmental and physical fitness skills in a sequential order to promote growth in the physical, mental, social and emotional health of each child, develop citizens who will have the knowledge and skills to be physically fit and to be physically active throughout their lives, and students benefit from the physical education program provide an opportunity for students to develop into self-directed, self-reliant individuals who will be involved in lifetime physical activities and will be capable of living happy, productive lives.
- Develop fundamental motor skills for safe and essential movement.
- Develop and maintain a level of fitness essential for active living that minimizes the risk of disease and illness.
- Learn, understand, reason and communicate movement concepts relative to physical activities.
- Develop personal, social and attitudinal skills that contribute to successful participation in diverse settings.
- Develop competency in selected lifelong activities.