Detroit Public Schools Community District is committed to providing a rigorous, relevant and high-quality course of study for every student. The instructional program is designed to ensure that students graduate with the 21st century social and academic skills necessary for success in college, work, and life.
The district’s high standards, rigorous curriculum, and instructional programs are designed to be responsive to student needs. DPSCD also provides students with a marketplace of schools and programs that offer the best fit for their interests, including single-gender, arts and medical career paths and career technical education.
- School Cohorts
- Michigan Merit Graduation Requirements Frequently Asked Questions
- DPSCD Examination High School Enrollment Process »
News & Updates about Academics
- Join us in the celebration of World Read Aloud Day
- Examination High Schools Application Deadline Extended to Friday, Feb 16
- Curriculum Connection Winter 2017/2018: A DPSCD Academic Sub-Committee Newsletter
- Henry Ford’s Innovation Nation Teacher Innovator Awards
- M-Step prep for 5th and 8th grade scientists
- Munger Leads When Munger Reads Early Childhood and Early Literacy Program Pilot to Kick off in January 2018